Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Your DABCO agents job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document your DABCO agent presents to the seller that states the price you’re offering, as well as any other provisions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. We at DABCO look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- Your DABCO agent will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, Your agent may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- Your DABCO agent will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, your DABCO agent will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- Your DABCO agent will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, your DABCO agent will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like our many talented agents, put clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email us.